Audio Problems

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Audio Problems

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

well i put my used jensen head unit in last week, the other day my mother was driving my truck and she said that she thought the station went out, she put it on another station and did the same and then all she herd was the "engine noise" through the speakers. so today i put in the stock radio and the same thing happened. Only highs not lows. i swiched thru the fade and it seemed as if the back speaker(the other one is blown) that it was fine, being only the front that were distorted. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems?
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

When you put the receiver in, did you use a factory wire harness or did you cut the plug off and splice all the wires together? Im thinking it could be a wiring issue. Sounds kinda weird. It does play music though right? Just the sound is distorted?
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i used a wiring harness that i wired up myself, but tonight i went to North East Light & Sound and he told me 2 things to do, he checked out the head unit and it was perfect, so he told me to check the rear speakers and go from there. so i messed with it a bit and im gettin new speakers hopefully wednesday. probbly junk speakers but its all i can afford.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

well i did get those new speakers and same Sh**. i think i have a short on the left side. with the stock head unit in it, i have the fader all the way to the right and those speakers are good but then to the left they are crap.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

started rewiring the whole truck tonight, but ran out of daylight. i got front left front, right front, and rear right done tonight. i also bought a new head unit to test it out until i order the one i want from the internet. thats the good think about walmart, you can take anything back.