Radiant Customs HID headlamps

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

williamcstonejr wrote:
If you were able to like the look of projectors, I could easily do a set for around $400.

We are talking about S-10's right? Not exactly the flagship of GM. Honestly if I am going to spend $400.00 on my truck it is not going to be on headlights. Nothing personal, it's just I purchased this truck for $$ reasons as a daily driver. I just happen to fall in love with mine after driving it everyday. Personally for me if I am going to fork out $400.00 it will go towards bodylift, wheel spacers (Yes Brule I said wheel spacers) bigger tires ETC. I could be wrong but I do not see this going very far with S-10 owners. Now foreign cars (Tuners) I think you could make mega bucks. I just think that a CC owner places his headlights low on a mod list unless they are offroad lights. But that is just my opinion

Oh I completely respect your opinion. However, its not just poor people driving s10s. Secondly, some people want off road lights, without having offroad lights, and hids make that a possibility. Also, they are just flat out easier to drive behind if you do as you say, and use it for a daily driver. Driving is a whole new experience at night. Not to mention, also safer, if done right, for you, and everyone that may be in the middle of the road at night. Not to mention, it looks cool. But I understand, I like lifts, and tires, and turbos too, but my truck will get driven down the road alot more miles with stock parts than it will all those goodies. So if I can only afford a few things, I might as well add to the driving experience. True, it may not give your truck the same "look" as 33" swampers, but your personal enjoyment will be greater in the long run. You cant knock it till you try it, and Ive have a lowrider, a muscle car, and a monster truck. Pick your poison.
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

purduecrew wrote:
drperry wrote:I just noticed... But I don't see a spot for a corner marker light...

Also, would it be possible to get these things blacked out instead of chrome?
yea thats a bridge I havent crossed. I havent really been overwhelmed by a feeling that it needs one, but I am looking for a solution. and yes! you can black it out everywhere except for the optics. Infact, you can do whatever color you want while it's apart.

Scary thing is, Im puttin this set up for sale. They arent perfect, but with a few hours work, someone could have them perfect. They are just too expensive at this point to reproduce, as molds are gonna cost me at minimum $80,000 to get them made. Thats out. So its either by hand, or none at all.

Have you thought about black chrome? :lol:

How reflective would that be, do ya think? :lol:
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

black chrome would be totally doable. Anytime you add black to the reflector equation you are inherently gonna cut down on output, but more important is surface texture and reflective property. Chrome is pretty damn good to start with, it would take some mean black pigment to make you think twice...
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

I know the people with the darker colored vehicles tend to go with the black headlights, for that blacked out look :)

I found some bi-xenon projectors to squeeze into my headlights, so this should be interesting... 2x highbeams! :lol:
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

yah the 98+ swap I just did with fx35's were really sweet with the quad beam harness on them....even thought the aftermarket high beam optics were junk
[size=75]2003 Black CC
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

What's the lens diameter on those FX35s anyway? Apparently I've got room for a 4" projector in there :lol:

I figured at the price of the projectors, it was about time to do a proper HID setup...

I'll probably turn the projectors that came with the headlights into fog lights, if I can... Just think of the distance! :lol:

My current fog lights are only good for like 30 feet...

I can just by another HID kit with D2S bulbs as well... Might not be as bright as an OEM setup... But I am kinda low wage, too :lol:
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

fx35's are 60mm units if I remember correctly. 2.5" otherwise. Just do FX35's, lens diamater doesn't make a difference in output over 2". There are alot of different factors that make a bigger difference, and FX's are the best value out there right now
[size=75]2003 Black CC
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

My RS6's are already on the way, lol, so we'll see what I can do with those...

For $168 shipped... Can't complain too much... They're cheaper than new :lol:
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Ok, this thread may have gone astray. The idea here was to give Radiant Customs a place to market their wares. Sop far I don't see that materializing. At this point we have a two page discussion on HID retrofit kits.
I think the discussion is good, but having it stickied as a store front is not working.

Once there are items for sale we can start a new thread in the classifieds. This thread is being renamed and move to the electrical mods forum.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

hey no problem Brule. Makes perfect sense. Im still workin on things behind the scenes, but its just going alot slower than anticipated....aka normal. haha
[size=75]2003 Black CC