Button on the dash

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Button on the dash

Post by green02crew »

So I've been thinking I want to use the panel where the rear wiper wiring is located for something. The only question is what? I can add the button but what should I attach to the button? I've been thinking about a CB radio on/off, a scanner on/off, a dixie horn, reverse lights, things of that nature but don't know what would be good. I just want a button where people will ask me "whats that do?" but it has to do something!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

hahahaha, its for teh flux capacitor, duh!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ejector seat?

[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

Good place for a switch to offroad lights for the puush bar.
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

My ZR5 came with a push bar with lights on it. Switch was located there. Had to de-fork it shortly after purchase from whomever installed it, but none-the-less there was a switch there. Buddy put a switch for the high side of his eFan there as well. He tells everyone it's for teh "NAWWSS!!"
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Well I could always put a flux capacitor in the middle of the back seat! I like the ejector seat I never thought about that one. Mythbusters did something like that once and it was actually pretty cool. I just thought now that I could hook it up as a kill switch to my cigarette lighters. That way I wouldn't have to unplug my ipod and radar detector everyday but just hit a switch. But thats not nearly as cool!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Driving lights, fuel transfer pumps x2 and I still have one left to hook up.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Why don't you put an outer air bag/truck flotation device switch there. :lol: When you get into really deep water and hydrolock or stall for whatever reason just hit the button and inflate a giant raft around the truck and float yourself to safety. :idea: PS: Carry a paddle in the truck to help speed the process to shore or help. :hehe:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Haha that is a good idea but I think it would have a better application on my snowmachine! Some of the local trails have waterbars that somehow aren't frozen yet and lets just say today I found one a few feet deep! Not so impressed!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Ok so I installed one switch as a kill switch to my cigarette outlets so I won't have to keep unplugging things when I want them off as power is constant to the plug. Does that annoy anyone else that the outlets don't turn off? I left room for future switches to be added but man are the leds bright at night on that switch almost to the point where they are distracting
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I used that space to mount my exhaust cutout power plate switch...

I put the switch for my offroad lights on the left side of the dash in the same panel as the headlight switch.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

now thats putting it to good use
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Another thing I was wondering is what are some mods you guys have done with your center console? I put an inverter in where the CD holder is as I don't use that. Any other mods anybody has done? I don't use the coin slots or the tape deck now so those can disappear I just don't know what to put there instead.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by S10 »

5 light switches and a rear power slider.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I too put a 110 converter in the console. Right where the CDs would go. Works good for inflating quad tires at the dunes. But I ran new heavy gauge wire directly to the battery for the higher watt converter. It is one that can charge USB devices too. Makes it good for the kids.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

USB powered kids- What will they think of next - used to be cheerios IIR from that far back.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

:lol:
2002 S-10 Crew Cab