Confused about a product.

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Confused about a product.

Post by Guitar831 »

I'm using this forum instead of the Stock Electrical forum because I'm talking about an aftermarket product from LMC Truck. It's a heavy-duty headlight harness custom made for brighter bulbs and /or high power halogen lights. The product is apparently available for every S Series pickup and suv made since 1982.

82-93 pickup/83-94 blazerjimmy
94-97 pickup/95-97 blazer/jimmy with sealed beam headlights
94-04 pickup/95-05 blazer/jimmy with composite headlights

Now here's the confusing part. "Not for use on models with daytime running lights." According to the history section in the front of the LMC catalog all S Series pickups and suvs starting in 1995 have DRLs. So I'm guessing this product is only for the first gen pickups and suvs and the 94 pickup. Am I wrong? Do some second gen pickups and suvs not have the DRLs? I myself would like to have have this product for use with a set of these.
Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Guitar831 »

BTW I hate the way LMC Truck's website is set up. Instead of showing the individual product you only see a scan of the page from their catalogs of the product when you enter the item number in a search. That sux.
[size=75]Guitar831[/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

The way I read the catalog is that it's not recommended for 94 to 97's. page 81 with the 98 to 04 listing DOESN'T mention not using with DRL. The systems wiring is different between the two subsets of the 2nd gens.

All the wiring is doing is changing the power supply from the switch to a relay system and powering the lights directly from the battery thru the relay.

If you don't want the DRL's go ahead and disconnect them and then run the light harness.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'd pass. Our reduced intensity DRL use a rotating ground. We already have adequate wiring IMO. Each lamp has their own wires , none are shared due to the afore mentioned DRL system.

Save your money for something else.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK