The best place to install an amplifier.

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

KickerBoy

The best place to install an amplifier.

Post by KickerBoy »

Hi, guys I am new the site and I am looking for some suggestions on where to place my amplifier and how I should go about securing it in place. It is a 5 channel kicker zx amp and weighs about 15 lbs, I bought the truck in December of 07 and this is my first modification. I am replacing all of the stock speakers with kickers and I am adding two 8 inch kicker cvr subs, The speakers seem easy enough to install, I just really need some suggestions on where to place the amp. Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I put mine above the jack location behind the rear seat. Some people put it beside the jack or even take the jack out its up to you. Not a whole lot of room for other spots unless you're willing to lose a seat. Those subs would fit nicely behind the rear seat on the drivers side next to the jack in a custom box though.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

yeah i took out the plastice jack cover and put it in front of the jack. but it just depends how big your amp is. there isnt room under the seats so by the jack is really the only place to put it.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]