12v Outlets in 2004 ZR5

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

12v Outlets in 2004 ZR5

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

I can't help but wonder why there is only 1 12v plug in my CC. My std cab 98 had the 2 additional plugs under the dash that pig tailed in, but the ZR5 is not wired for the connector. Does anyone know the Specs or reasons why the reduced # of 12v plugs? I can only rack it up to final production run and corner cutting.

I have used my cig 12v to wire my CB into the old ash tray spot, what have others done to add 12v plugs to their CC's?

thanks

ZR5 in PGH
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Quite a few have added the under dash piece from an earlier model that includes the two additional power ports. Plug and play.

Multiple Cig. Lighters? ( power ports )

Insulator with Power Plugs

12 Volt Aux outlet

I added another one in the center console-

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

My '02 ZR5 came with 2 power ports under the dash, right below the ashtray. Maybe pickup the same at a salvage yard ?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I needed the extra power ports myself, I picked up a set from e-bay s-10 warehouse for around $30 for the entire set from a blazer ,direct replacement for the factory covers. I did not have any luck finding the factory connector under the dash so I spliced on to the factory cigar lighter and hard wired one to the accessory wire behind the empty cover plate on the dash, this gave me one switched and one constant live, I then also ran one to the back of my console to the cover plate there.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]