e-fan or no e-fan? HJ- I need your opinion

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

S10Wheels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

e-fan or no e-fan? HJ- I need your opinion

Post by S10Wheels »

The setup is Flex-o-lite 210 fan, fans wired together, and a VSC controller. Works good no problems. Need your opinion for a little mod. I was thinking of. The fans are running (as they're supposed to) with the A/C on, including on the interstate going 60 + mph. The question - If i put a switch in the signal wire after the high side pressure switch, but before the controller, so I could turn off the fans to the A/C side only from inside the cab upon entering the interstate, because I would moving at speed, the fans wouldn't be needed at all. But, having them running for the A/C, would put an unnessary drag on the alt. reduciing mpg. a little. Is the whole idea a waste of time? Did I explain right? Let me know if I didn't.

:?:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The VSC already has a manual override terminal. Wire it up. This was designed to cancel the fans for water crossings, but could be used in your application, I think.
Keep a close eye on temperature though. It would be easy to forget.
Worth a try.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10Wheels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by S10Wheels »

This is why I was thinking of putting a switch in the a/c signal wire. Let's say I got off the interstate & forgot to flip the fan switch (I doubt that would happen, but my old brain forgets once in a while) the fans would still come on for rad. temp.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I wouldn't be so sure the that fans aren't needed to run the AC at 60 mph. I had a defective VSC and had to shut my AC off at times at 70 mph.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

S10Wheels wrote:This is why I was thinking of putting a switch in the a/c signal wire. Let's say I got off the interstate & forgot to flip the fan switch (I doubt that would happen, but my old brain forgets once in a while) the fans would still come on for rad. temp.
Makes sense to me.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK