Product review: APC 3D Retro Tail lights

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

brandons4door
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Product review: APC 3D Retro Tail lights

Post by brandons4door »

One word review J-U-N-K!

I should have known. I bought them from Wal-Mart. I couldn't resist the "deal". They were originally $199 a pair marked down to $150, then $99, then $50, then $4. At that price I figured I'd pick up a pair to have a set of spares. I've broken taillights on other trucks by backing into stuff in the garage.

I've never claimed to be more than a fool with tools but, they were far from the simple bolt on 3min job I had expected. I had To use a drill to remove some tabs that were holding the light out to far from flush with the tailgate and rear fenders. The factory screws were barly long enogh to reach the pre fit screw holes on the taillights also which led to one of them stripping.

Worst of all I'm still not sold on the look of the lights.
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll29 ... CF0287.jpg

link to picture of box:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll29 ... CF0286.jpg
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Hey $4 is not bad at all. I think they look ok, match your truck atleast. They would not look that good on mine I can safely say. But I do like them. I am surprised that you got them at Wal-Mart?? I didn't think they sold taillights at walmart but thats awesome.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am starting to see quite a few accessories available at "Wally world". Today I looked at their universal bed extender, Resonator Stainless steel exhaust tips and a load handler bed bar.
The tips actually looked pretty decent.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK