10" sub in my current box not fitting. How to custom?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

10" sub in my current box not fitting. How to custom?

Post by fallvitals »

Aight, did a quick search, from what I read to put a 10" sub in my Crew Cab (2003) I need to build my own box?

I had a MTX Thunderform box (with rockford 10" sub and JBL 150 watt amp) in my old regular cab s-10. I was thinking it would easily fit my "new" crew cab s-10, but it doesnt. For anyone that doesn't know what box I had,

Thats it.

So. for those of you with experiance with putting a 10" in a crew cab, give me some tips, dimensions, plans, anything! lol. But im gonna go out now, and put my old alpine headunit in it, and go ahead and run all the wires for the sub.

thanks.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

There was a link here somewhere to a box you could purchase pre made to fit behind the rear seat. I made one specially to fit my 12" sub. It was tight and I had to move the rear seat slightly to fit it. There is a topic around here somewhere as well that I had posted on describing the process. It is a small area to fit a sub into thats for sure, but it is possible.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

thanks for that info... ill have to search harder :P

I pulled out the pioneer the dealer had installed yesterday, and put my Alipe in. Ill never own a pioneer, that thing sucks. Hopefully I can get atleast $50 for it on ebay. Only have $31 in it.

Ran all the wires, except power, for the sub. So. hopefully Ill get a box to fit for it soon, or make one. Which my buddy said it sucks making boxes.

edit - im reading that a few folks have used the same MTX thundeform box that I have... but i keep reading about shimming the seats, but cant find a detailed post about it.. any one know where its at? :oops:
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Here's the link to what I posted before: rear seat

Making a sub box isn't bad at all. Buy some particle board at your local Home Depot/Lowes, measure, make your cuts and you're good to go.

Another thread with some dimensions.

Buy a box for 2 or 1 8" subs
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page