Got my amp and sub installed today! Pics.

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Got my amp and sub installed today! Pics.

Post by fallvitals »

Thanks to the search here, and green02crew for the help, I got my sub in my Cew Cab today.

Its the MTX ThunderForm from my old regular cab s10, Rockford sub 200 watt, and JBL 150 watt amp. All my from my older truck, now that I think about it, the amp and sub are about 6 years old, lol. I have green carpet behind the amp to keep it from vibrating against the bare metal back wall. Ugly,, thought about spray painting it, but with the seat back youll never see it.

Hits pretty good, I think better then in my old regular cab s-10. But I dont listen to rap so I dont need the boom boom like others do. I did shim the seat forward, and drill/dremel the mounting holes on the back seat too. The sub is tighter against the seat then I would like, the seat shuts without having to force it, but still hits well.

:D

edit - sorry about going over the 100k limit, again. I adjusted the one in photoshop to be under, Guess I forgot about the second one. :?
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Nice looking job. That ought to jam! But where do you put your hand tools box, socket sets, rain gear ect... Or am I the only one who has to stack and hold everything steady as I slam the seat back! The cargo box in the bed of my truck is only for things I can afford to loose. If you know what I mean.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I haven't put all my junk in there yet. In my old regular cab s-10, I had the very same set up behidn the seat as whats pictured.

I didn't haul around all the stuff you listed, but, I always had a 4-way lug wrench, jumper cables, old serpentien belt (which now that i think about it, never a 1/2" drive ratchet to loosen the old belt if it broke..), and a cresent wrench to remove the spare tire on my jet ski trailer when towing.

but im gonna put all that back in there, plenty of room for it. Plus if I have to haul any thing else, ill just set it in the back, if I ever need to have 3 or more people in my truck it might be once or twice a year. I wanted an extended cab, but went with a crew cab, wasn't thrilled with the idea of less bed, but lots of space inside.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

You can always get a tool box for the bed. I have a nice Delta diamond plate box filled to the brim with extra gear. I also have more stuff behind the seat too :lol: . Only problem is now I have practically no bed space to utilize. But large loads are typically planned out and the box can easily be removed using the wing nuts that I attached it with, you just need a key to get at them, prevents theft of the box and any goodies inside.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page