need help with 10 sub

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

need help with 10 sub

Post by duce »

hello.i am new here so this ? may have bin asked. i have a 2003 sonoma crew cab and a 10 in sub that i whant to put in. has anyone put a 10 in thair crew cab??? :?:
WFRager
Regular
Regular

Post by WFRager »

YUP! I have the Kicker 10" solo behind my rear seat. I had to build a custom glass/MDF box for it. There is a picture of it in the member profiles.

Since not everyone knows which member page to look for , here's a link to Wes' Crew Cab -HJ
'72 Z-28, 406 EFI

'02 Crew SS wheels

'91 S-10 4x4

'89 S-10 4x4
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

welcome to the site!!!! glad you are hear :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

thanks

Post by duce »

first thanks wfrager 4 the reply do you have the specifications for your box? also thanks to a2b for the greetings..also i found another member with a sub box behind the rear seat JERRYS CREW CAB jerry if you see this can you also send me you specifications on your box..thanks agine to all.i will be sending in pic,s of my truck as soon as i can get my hands on something to take the pick,s with.... :D
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

dont count on jerry seeing this. he doesnt come around too much. you might consider dropping him an email :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

ya tryed that

Post by duce »

ya i tried to send him a pm but it came back to me with errors..thanks for the feed back.. :D
TNC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TNC »

I have one stuffed in the back... I'll see if I can dig up some pic's of it for you... I was able to leave the jack alone and mount a small amp in the back too... I would actually recommend two or three 8's, because it is a tight fit...
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

thanks tnc i was going to put 8"s in but than i got this 10" 4 free....i have a small punch 120 amp that will fit nice....if i can get away without pulling the jack all the beter..
TNC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TNC »

Hahaha... sounds like me I had a simillar situation... Image

here is a pic I found I'll dig out my camera and take some more pics if you want and I'll e-mail them to you... Let me know.

If the pic doesn't load try, there are some other stereo pics and misc stuff there...

http://02crewcab.netfirms.com/Stereo.htm
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

if you guys have 10" subs, do you have the correct airspace from the box? Can you still fully lock the rear seat? What was the mounting depth of the magnet? I keep looking and I just can't seem to figure out how that fits.... My box with the 8 just barely fits, has the correct airspace and has 1/4" space from the back of the rear seat to the face of the box...probably just enough for the sub to push out....

I do have large amps. the back of the seat hits the top of the amps :?:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

pick,s came in fine tnc. do you have the specifications 4 your box??my sub needs 1 cub of air space with a 6" depth from the front of the sub to the back of the magnet. and as crew elite asked can you fully lock the set without it pushing aginst the sub face? if you can than thats the box i need if you dont have the spec,s tnc 4 your box could you mesure your box 4 me?thanks 4 the feed back guy,s... 8)
TNC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TNC »

There is no problems putting the seat back into the locking position. As far as the airspace goes I am right and the specs, plus I stuffed the box with fiber fill, that helps out with low airspace in a sealed box. As far as the sub rubing, it does when at high volume, but under normal play it doesn't... Plus it was a free sub so when it goes I'll replace it with 2 eights...
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
WFRager
Regular
Regular

Post by WFRager »

I haven't had time to measure mine and post the dimensions.

I did cut the back of the rear seat away for the necessary room.

I shimmed the seat mounts but still can not lock it. When your sitting in it you can't tell any of the mods have been done...just a real nice back massage. I have noticed with the windows down it gets a little louder so I'm not quite right with the internal volume, but it still shakes the truck despite my SQ goal. The Eclipse HU and Focal Utopias (mounted in kick panels) are just unbelievable sounding!

Jack...who needs a stinkin' jack!
'72 Z-28, 406 EFI

'02 Crew SS wheels

'91 S-10 4x4

'89 S-10 4x4