Jet Power Shift Install

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

hoggy
Regular
Regular

Jet Power Shift Install

Post by hoggy »

Hey anyone here ever install the Jet Power Shift. I just got one for free and wondering if it is worth it.

Thanks
Chris
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
hoggy
Regular
Regular

Post by hoggy »

Thats way awesome! I wanted to know if it worked and was worth it. I see that it's in the mod page, looked there last night and must have missed it. This is a pretty sweet forum, came accross it last night, tryin to figure that power shift out. Glad I registered alot of usefull info.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome aboard. We try to keep it pretty search friendly. Those that had the Jet shift plus are gone now I think. George may still have it in his BlaZer?
A few threads around here will spell out the function and how they liked it.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
hoggy
Regular
Regular

Post by hoggy »

thanks for the help! much apreciated. i'm gonna go home after work tonight and install jet switch, and do the hot foot fix. this site keeps getting better and better.

Chris
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Does that do the same thing as setting the HPPIII for firm shifts? Was always curious about that. I was using the firm shift with changing the shift points and was quite happy with it. But a couple years ago, I had my tran rebuilt, althought it didn't need it (long story), and they put the Corvette servo in it. Now I have the HPPIII programmed for stock shift points and stock firmness, and it's a world of difference, meaning much better now with the Corvette servo. But also lowered the stall speed to 1800 on a new converter. It holds overdrive excellent on hilly roads.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
hoggy
Regular
Regular

Post by hoggy »

All this does is raise the line pressure. Well I installed it last night, can't really tell a difference on 1 and 2 but on 3 or race only what ever you wanna call it, it made a decent change. nice firm shifts jerks you a little but, but i think i'm gonna buy a shift kit. Anyone know what works best with our 4l60e trannys. I just had my tranny rebuilt like 2000 miles ago.

Thanks
Chris
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

hoggy wrote:i think i'm gonna buy a shift kit. Anyone know what works best with our 4l60e trannys. I just had my tranny rebuilt like 2000 miles ago.
The complete Transgo shift kit is the only one I would even consider. :wink:

Steve
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Totally agree with Steve on the shift kit from Transgo. Tons of good engineering and technical knowledge behind their kits. I've had nothing but good results using their kits for over 30 years.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.