6.5 rear door speaker

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

sirsliceNdice

6.5 rear door speaker

Post by sirsliceNdice »

I just bought 6.5 inch jl speakers got the front ones in fine, but there is not enough depth in the rear doors for them to fit, anyone have this problem with aftermarket speakers? And if soo is there a spacer or something that can be used to compensate
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the board and wait for the audiophiles to awaken.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

well if they are the same as the front doors...then you could get a 1/2" spacer in there. thats what i did in my ZR2
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I installed thin mount speakers in both front and rear doors with no problems.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I'm no help.. I'm still rockin the stock ones..
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

I need to replace mine (the rears) they work only when they want to.
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re:

Post by ApproachMedium »

PATRICKH wrote:I need to replace mine (the rears) they work only when they want to.

Just replaced my rears with Pioneers I picked up openbox from Bestbuy for $40. I noticed they would consistantly cutout with the panels off anytime id hit the stupid GM speaker harness. Out that went, in went my own speaker wire, in went some quick disconnects.... No more speakers that dont work!
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 6.5 rear door speaker

Post by DLP »

That reminds me. I have to replace the dash speakers again. I have cut both the pizo and midrange speakers out of both sides. They sounded good when I put them in. But they couldn't handel the power. Time to start looking for new ones.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: 6.5 rear door speaker

Post by roadrunner »

I need to replace the dash speakers as well. They buzz with any appreciable volume setting. Good tip on the GM wiring causing cut-outs. Been fighting left door speaker (front and rear) cut-out for a couple years now. Even replaced radio and reworked connectors there thinking that would help to no avail. Now I'll have to wait for the weather to warm up again so I don't freeze off any body parts I want to keep to work on the speakers. :wink: 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Re:

Post by PATRICKH »

ApproachMedium wrote:
PATRICKH wrote:I need to replace mine (the rears) they work only when they want to.

Just replaced my rears with Pioneers I picked up openbox from Bestbuy for $40. I noticed they would consistantly cutout with the panels off anytime id hit the stupid GM speaker harness. Out that went, in went my own speaker wire, in went some quick disconnects.... No more speakers that dont work!

Sweet, gonna try that soon
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]