sub box

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

sub box

Post by paintballrocker »

ive been wanting to install a sub in the CC for awhile now, so i decided to sell my xbox 360 lol.

i kno theres sub box made from supercrewsound.com for the CC's, but i found this and was wondering if anyone knew of it would fit.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_755 ... CK8+-.html

or possibly

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_755 ... 0-1.2.html
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Seems like a pretty easy thing to measure the space behind your seat. The dimentions are right there on both pages. 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

yeah but before i used engery i figured id ask you guys lol
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: sub box

Post by 14x4 »

paintballrocker wrote:ive been wanting to install a sub in the CC for awhile now, so i decided to sell my xbox 360 lol.
:nono:

:lol:
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

:lol:
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

paintballrocker wrote:I can beleive it, i was looking at some of the videos on the one site, and the views are sweet.

Maybe if i save every penny and sell all of my possesions i might be able to go in 2010. i mean hey, you cant take that stuff with you when you die, lol
Don't buy subs; save it for Moab! :cheers:
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

thats a good argument lol
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Not sure, I have the same MTX thunderform that was in my regular cab s10.

I had to remove the rear plastic trim piece, and shim the rear set forward a little to get it to fit.

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

any specs on the size of the box, i think i might try to make my own. i just need demension ideas
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Most troublesome thing is that rear panel/plastic piece which gets you on the height of most boxes. I find though with a truck that a box with ported sides and the sub setup to fire into the box(reverse polarity) or a side firing woofer such as a Bazooka seems to work the best. When the sub is firing at your seat your getting muddy muffled bass because the idea of a speaker system is to MOVE air. and its alot harder to move it when the front of the speaker is blocked by a seat.

Anyone sitting in the backseat of some of these trucks or a standard cab with a seat firing woofer really just has an expensive kidney puncher in my opinion. :D But this is just comming from an audio quality guy.. I could care less how loud it goes and how much rumbling it makes. it matters how clear and accurate my sound is at high volume to impress me. Carry on!
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
younngballa88

Post by younngballa88 »

Did u ever get subs in your truck??? Jw cause im waiting to put subs in mine as well.
younngballa88

Post by younngballa88 »

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/ ... 4&catId=20

That is a link to a 100% perfect fit four our trucks guys check it out... :rock:
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Guess I lied in your other post, I do recall seeing that now. But I don't care for 8s... Id rather have a singal 10".

Bazooka tubes are a favorite due to their small size and bring ported. My set up might not be thr most quality bass audio as mentioned above, but it works good for what I listen to. Don't listen to "rap music" which depends on a subwoofer to annoy everyone withen 10 blocks.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Also that's a lot for a box... But it doesn't say how long it is... Look at my set up above. You'll see the "shelf" behind the seat drops off. I'm guessing that bow will fit, but I would want measurements first. Then try to build it myself, lol.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Also that's a lot for a box... But it doesn't say how long it is... Look at my set up above. You'll see the "shelf" behind the seat drops off. I'm guessing that bow will fit, but I would want measurements first. Then try to build it myself, lol.
younngballa88

Post by younngballa88 »

fallvitals wrote:Also that's a lot for a box... But it doesn't say how long it is... Look at my set up above. You'll see the "shelf" behind the seat drops off. I'm guessing that bow will fit, but I would want measurements first. Then try to build it myself, lol.
Its a bit pricy yea but also your box is like 2X and much on this site its 259.00... Idk what route im going yet... Does yours fit back ok like the seat sits back fine???
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I go mine used many years ago for my reg cab s10, and decided to use it when I got my crew instead of buying/building a box.

I had to remove the back panel and shim the seat forward some with washers, but the seat easily goes back into position, it makes contact with the top portion of the woofer, but it still works fine.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

I just installed my 6.5 100w bazooka behind the seat of my crew. It fit perfectly and the sound quality and volume totally blew me away for something thats ONLY 100 watts. With a build in amp and everything, the price was right. I paid about $180 for it with shipping.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

hey i totally forgot about this thread. i got my system installed in december, n it thumps!

hers the set up behind my rear seat, its a rockford P3 shallow mount sub n box combo, and an kenwood amp thats bridged at 500w n max is 1000w.
http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o387 ... 7_1034.jpg

heres the amp

and heres the alpine headunit
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

That box looks like a sweet fit! 12"? Nice install. My alpine has a aux plug in too, but it's on the rear of the unit. Maybe if I ever wanna plug in my iPhone I'll run a short male to female cable through the dash to utilize it.

Beat it sounds nice! If I was gonna upgrade that's what I would do! But my 10" Rockford Nd NHL 150watt bridged amp is doing just fine, going on nearly 8 years now I think!
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

fallvitals wrote:That box looks like a sweet fit! 12"? Nice install. My alpine has a aux plug in too, but it's on the rear of the unit. Maybe if I ever wanna plug in my iPhone I'll run a short male to female cable through the dash to utilize it.

Beat it sounds nice! If I was gonna upgrade that's what I would do! But my 10" Rockford Nd NHL 150watt bridged amp is doing just fine, going on nearly 8 years now I think!

For your aux port if you have the tape deck on the console remove it and you can put a nice panel there and put both RCA jacks and a phono jack to plug into your alpine. I have the same setup on my older pioneer with an IP bus rear aux. I however am just going to put a phono jack since im also putting a power inverter there. i got a piece of 1 foot square black plastic like they make the head unit adaptors out of from some place on ebay.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I dont have the tape deck on the console, but I see what your getting at. that would be pretty slick.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Im gonna try to do it soon now that the weather is warmer. Ill defiantly post pics when I get it done. For now the inverter sits in the hole, it fits perfectly, and i have the cable just comming out next to it. Very convient for charging laptops, phones plugging anything you feel like plugging in today...
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

thanks for the nice comments about my system.