Rear door panel re-install

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rear door panel re-install

Post by ApproachMedium »

Okay so I have a dilema. I am trying to install new rear speakers in my crewcab and lastnight I stumbled upon this site late. Its answered many questions for me with all this trucks silly little problems. (hot feet is one of them!) Now, who can answer me this? Whats the easiest way to put the rear door panels back ON? Last time I took one off trying to reconnect the bar for the door lock slider required me my grandfather and some string, and alot of cursing. Is there an easy method to putting these panels back together?

Also is there an easy way to mount speakers in these things? Of course the wire harness i bought for the speakers only fits on the front door speakers, the rears are reversed. Looks like I have to get the soildering iron and the extension cord out and curse out my GM some more....

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appricated!
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Rear door panel re-install

Post by ApproachMedium »

Okay so incase anyones wondering..... It was nice here in NJ Saturday. I got up earily for once and tackled a bunch of taskes I been meaning to get to with the truck. I put the rear speakers in finally and got both rear panels on successfully. The trick is to put the panel with the lock slider on while the door lock is in the locked position. When you snap it in you have to do it quickly and firmly and it goes right on first try.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ