Subs in a crew cab

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Scott03 wrote:Anyone have an update of the Crew Cab box. I know someone had trouble with the box they were sent.

Just looking for an update, see how everything sounds
You mean the one that holds 2 8's? Mine has been in for about a month now (loaded with two 400W Fosgates and powered by a 600W amp) and it sounds pretty good. Totally blows away my Bazooka tube. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Scott03
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Scott03 »

Yeah, that one through sound off audio. Sounds good that everything works awesome.

What exactly are you runnings (subs/amp models)? I take it everything fit ok?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Scott03 wrote:Yeah, that one through sound off audio. Sounds good that everything works awesome.

Yep...everything fit fine. It sits pretty snug against the back of the rear seat, but I don't think it affects the sound much.

The subs are RFZ3408's (I think). 400W 8" subs anyway.

The amp I have is a 600W 2 channel Alphasonik (now US Acoustics) that I've had for about 7 or 8 years. Still works well though. I mounted the amp just above the box behind the back seat.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

i was looking for an update to see if anyone had bought the powered 10in. mtx sub, im thinking about getting one these and i was just wondering if anyone would relate thier feelings on them, thats is if anyone actually bought one, thanks
joe
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

AZS10Crew wrote:
Scott03 wrote:Yeah, that one through sound off audio. Sounds good that everything works awesome.

Yep...everything fit fine. It sits pretty snug against the back of the rear seat, but I don't think it affects the sound much.

The subs are RFZ3408's (I think). 400W 8" subs anyway.

The amp I have is a 600W 2 channel Alphasonik (now US Acoustics) that I've had for about 7 or 8 years. Still works well though. I mounted the amp just above the box behind the back seat.
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your set up would you?
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

i know i dont post very often but i thought id throw my 2 cents in on the mtx powered 10 sub box, i ordered it thursday the 15th from crutchfield and paid 449.99 for it, no shipping cost, or tax from crutchfield, it shipped that day and was here on monday with regular ground shipping, i was working 12's at the time and didnt get a chance to install it untill wednesday morning, install went well, dropped about 40 bucks on wires and connectors, mtx only provides power,ground and remote for the amp, the instructions were clear and easy to follow, and accurate for my 03 with single disc cd and rds, running the wires and hiding them is what took me most of my time, considering i was constantly double and triple checking every thing before i put it away or powered it up, after a couple of hours and some sweat, the box sounds great for a single 10 sub, i know 450 is alot to drop on a single 10 especially with only a 100 watt amp but it is all that the speaker requires, and the speaker in the box isnt one that is pictured, but as i said it sounds great, and i also dropped 25 bucks on a roll of xtreme dynamat to line the panel behind the seat to prevent the rattle of the box hitting the metal plate, since the interior panel needs to come off because it wont allow the speaker to sit all the way back against the rear wall. all in all i give it a :thumb: like i said a little pricey but for how easy it actually was it was worth it, anyone wanting some good mild bass at a reasonable price and doesnt want to get ripped off by most audio shops old smokinjoe would recommend this to anyone, i wont be winng any competions with it but for me it makes an incredible difference over the stock system, if you would call it that
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

killian96ss wrote: You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your set up would you?
Just took a couple...

The amp is mounted with zip ties...ghetto fabulous! 8)
[size=75]Mark
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

AZS10Crew wrote: The amp is mounted with zip ties...ghetto fabulous! 8)
Nothin wrong with ghetto fab, as long as it works. Nice setup, I wonder what a 1000 watt amp would be like with those speakers, not to mention it would probably be as long as the box. :)
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Here is a shoot...

Post by KCustom »

Here is picture of the subs in my crew...
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

hey guys,
im new on the site and i have been searching like a mouse for cheese about this topic and all i have found is hear break im in iraq right now but i am slowly ordering the alpine system of my dreams and i am doing a custom fiberglass enclosure when i get back if anyone wants i can give the step by step ill be removing the back seats completely and making a boom room just let me know ill post pictures when i do it say novemberish haha i sound like superlift!!!!!