aftermarket radio

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

mattdawg
Regular
Regular

aftermarket radio

Post by mattdawg »

I was wondering in a 03 crew if anyone knows if when replaceing the factory radio and going with an aftermarket if addeding the C2R-GM24 - PAC GM Chime Module is nessesary or is there another "plug and play" adapter that will work with it. I don't really understand what the module is for i just know I was going to buy a radio and they told me if I did I would need the module that cost an extra $100 or is that their way of getting another $100? Or do I really need it?
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: aftermarket radio

Post by DLP »

Not sure what you gain or loose. But I pulled my radio and installed an aftermarket one and have no issues.

[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I read about that before I installed mine, but decided not to. And I have noticed no differance. I think that's mainly for the radio text whatever system ( RDS? )?

I say go for it, mine is a 03 as well. Worst case you install it later if you want.
younngballa88

Post by younngballa88 »

You dont need to do that its just a way for them to sell you something you dont need. Ive had four diff s series trucks and never actually used that chime box.... Dont bother or waste your money...
Capt. Morgan
Crew
Crew

Post by Capt. Morgan »

i just did the switch my self you can get that lil box at walmart its $40 and $15 bucks for the brackets if needed. hope this helps. its a simple job the big issue i had was pulling the harness out its kinda stiff. good luck 8)
mattdawg
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdawg »

got the new one installed looks great and sounds great without the pac harness
Capt. Morgan
Crew
Crew

Post by Capt. Morgan »

:rock: good deal