disable air bags?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

dualsport
Crew
Crew

disable air bags?

Post by dualsport »

hey guys...

once in awhile i like to have the kiddo up front when we're out cutting wood, shootin birds and whatnot... my little boy loves to 'drive' while standing on daddy's lap :) is there a way to disable the air bags? even just for the passenger side? i don't even like to think of what would happen if they accidentally deployed. i looked through the fuses but didn't see it, then searched a bit in the forums and keep striking out. just throwing the question out there to see what your experience has been. sure easier on my wife's s10 with their wiring harness & switch...

thanks
2001 Sonoma CC, TB crank, 2" shackles, 2" BL, Helper Springs, 1.25/2.5 Spacers, 31" BFG ATs, Quadbeams, messed up 4wd switch :) miscellaneous squeaks and pings...
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: disable air bags?

Post by green02crew »

I do believe there is a fuse that would take care of that. I changed my BCM and that was a side effect. The airbag light will illuminate and they would not deploy. Check again for a fuse. I do not recall which it would be.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
dualsport
Crew
Crew

Post by dualsport »

Hah! I hope so. I'll go check again. I've just been wrong too many times not too :)
2001 Sonoma CC, TB crank, 2" shackles, 2" BL, Helper Springs, 1.25/2.5 Spacers, 31" BFG ATs, Quadbeams, messed up 4wd switch :) miscellaneous squeaks and pings...
dualsport
Crew
Crew

Post by dualsport »

ya know... this is one of the reasons i love this forum :)

*Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR)*

right there in front of me the whole time.

i guess i was looking for a blinking neon sign pointing to a fuse labeled "air bag"

thanks man...

-b