Winch switch location

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Winch switch location

Post by fallvitals »

Latest project, is a winch.

Reed talked me into a in cab switch for the winch.

Found 12voltguy.com pricey but a nice product. http://12voltguy.com/web/index.php?page ... &Itemid=43

I just have no idea where to mount it.... The front panel cover that is used by the blazer rear hatch I have my switch for my fog/driving lights.

Where the dash slops down, I dont see it being very easy to use when the time comes, ackward location.

Thought about the ash tray, but thats ackward too.

He says he also does custom things, so im thinking he can make a custom size,

Only place I can think of would the Coin holder. I have a spare coin holder, I took it apart, thinking I could use the body of it as a mount... but I dont know it that will work well... atleast staying in place.

Unless I have him make it longer, have it extand past the opening for the coin holder and bolt to the console... It wont set completely flush beucase it contours doown to the CD case holder, but I dont think it would be too bad....

what do you all think? better ideas out there?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Winch switch location

Post by HenryJ »

KISS

I will stick with the corded remote and a decent control. Loop it into the window if I need to be behind the wheel. More often mine have been recoveries of other vehicles or objects. Those are best seen from outside.

Just because I don't "need one", doesn't mean I can't be helpful though ;)

How about the back of the lower console? Easy access if you lift the bin out. That pesky panel falls or breaks a clip anyway. If you can keep your passengers from playing with it it might be good?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I know where you talking about,,, that would still be ackward to reach and focus if you have to manuever... hmmmm.

The more I stare at it,,, the more I think the coinholder slot is the best way.... just have the guy make it over sized and pop rivet it in maybe... They fellow from 12voltguy.com just messaged me back saying it would be no problem and no extra charge to make a custom size for me...

Ill have to mock up some firm cardboard or sheet metal to find the best size for it. :?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You'll want it as high as possible. Once you start bouncing, it's all you can do to watch the slack in the rope, steer, brake and hit the gas. Why not sacrifice a Vent?

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]