Bass tube type sub/amps

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

S10Wheels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bass tube type sub/amps

Post by S10Wheels »

I know a number of you have them, how are they? All I want is to is add some low end and make my system. sound better - don't need a Boom!-Boom!-Boom system. 6 or 8" Bazooka tube? I'm going to be without my truck for 2 or 3 weeks, so I can think of things that need to be done to it. Ho-Hum I'm already boared!

:roll:
'03 S-10 ext. cab 4.3, truck top, CAI intake, reprogrammed PCM, Throttle blade mod., e-fans, 180* thermo., Flowmaster 50, Clear corner & tailgate lighls, LED's all around, Camaro RS/Z28 wheels, Sony HU, Sony Spkrs. in doors, small amp. & Sub., converted to power windows, bucket seats & floor console, big 3 mod, AD 244 alt.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Bass tube type sub/amps

Post by HenryJ »

Opinions/Advice on Bazooka Bass tube or other sub suggestion
Loved mine. Just enough thump to richen the experience. No room for it in the new ride.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10Wheels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by S10Wheels »

HenryJ wrote:Opinions/Advice on Bazooka Bass tube or other sub suggestion
Loved mine. Just enough thump to richen the experience. No room for it in the new ride.
Hi Brule, there will be a PM for you soon. That's what kind of sound I want without taking room out of the cab. What size did you have? It had a small amp. built into it to drive the sub. right?
'03 S-10 ext. cab 4.3, truck top, CAI intake, reprogrammed PCM, Throttle blade mod., e-fans, 180* thermo., Flowmaster 50, Clear corner & tailgate lighls, LED's all around, Camaro RS/Z28 wheels, Sony HU, Sony Spkrs. in doors, small amp. & Sub., converted to power windows, bucket seats & floor console, big 3 mod, AD 244 alt.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check out the thread that I linked. It is all in there. I bought mine from AZS10Crew.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

I suggest if you go with the bazooka get the more powerful 200 watt version if you like to crank it. Otherwise the 150w version is working excellent for me with my pioneer head and just using pioneer coaxials off the head unit. Its worth the 180 bucks for the bazooka simple to install has its own auto on off and only needs no more than a 12 amp circuit. I hooked mine to the head with rca cables though instead of using the hi level inputs like bazooka suggests. You have much better control of bass this way.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ