Where do you get your music?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

S10Wheels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where do you get your music?

Post by S10Wheels »

I have tried sights that say “free” mp3 downloads like Imesh, Bearshare, etc. Which I did find & download the songs I was looking for. They are in a .WMA format which is OK cause my mp3 player, computers and my car HU can read .WMA’s . But, these files can only be played on the computer that they where downloaded on cause of a licensing thing. I have Downloaded what they call “ premium files and it’s the same thing, they won’t play on anything but the computer they were downloaded on. I would have no problem paying .50 or even .99 per song, but how do I know it won’t be the same thing? (I’ve already given them my money for a useless file.) Which makes me ask “Where do you get your music files?”

:twisted:
'03 S-10 ext. cab 4.3, truck top, CAI intake, reprogrammed PCM, Throttle blade mod., e-fans, 180* thermo., Flowmaster 50, Clear corner & tailgate lighls, LED's all around, Camaro RS/Z28 wheels, Sony HU, Sony Spkrs. in doors, small amp. & Sub., converted to power windows, bucket seats & floor console, big 3 mod, AD 244 alt.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Where do you get your music?

Post by riceburnr2005 »

I used to use imesh back in the day. I know exactly what you're talking about with the licensing. Stay away from those programs, its pointless to download music and not be able to play it anywhere except that computer. Now i use vuze. it's a torrent downloader where i can get whole cd's with no licensing crap. its a good program check it out. Also try bittorrent or utorrent. But you'll prolly be happy with Vuze. Also stay away from limewire, i cant tell you how many viruses ive downloaded off that damn thing, they are actually under invesigation right now for some illegal crap.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I make all my own digital files after I buy the Cd's. DRM is a pain but until they get it through their heads in the music industry that times have changed and people want more freedom to move music around pirating will be rampant. Stupid thing is it's still legal to record for free off the radio but not the computer for personal use. Right now RIAA is cracking down on file sharing sites and users as fast as they can, while you are highly unlikely to get hit with a search of your computer, those that have been have ended up with outrageous fines and lots of legal bills.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Use itunes and the istore. A buck a song isnt bad, and itunes will convert your downloads into drm-free mp3s if you ask nicely. I do it almost every day. :)

..Sent from my Android..
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Use itunes and the istore. A buck a song isnt bad, and itunes will convert your downloads into drm-free mp3s if you ask nicely. I do it almost every day. :)

..Sent from my Android..
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:I make all my own digital files after I buy the Cd's. DRM is a pain but until they get it through their heads in the music industry that times have changed and people want more freedom to move music around pirating will be rampant. Stupid thing is it's still legal to record for free off the radio but not the computer for personal use. Right now RIAA is cracking down on file sharing sites and users as fast as they can, while you are highly unlikely to get hit with a search of your computer, those that have been have ended up with outrageous fines and lots of legal bills.
X2!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

Itunes...its really not that expensive.
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2