tape deck needs to go

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

tape deck needs to go

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

did a serch but all the links seemd to be old for pictures of this anyway my tape deck is usless i dont use it or want it there is there anyway to jet get rid of the part the center console after the cup holders? cause really want the remount my cb radio where the tape player is now
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: tape deck needs to go

Post by HenryJ »

Some have mounted their CB in place of the cassette players. I mounted mine where the ashtray was and replaced the lower console with one that has the storage tray instead of the cassette player.
Under that I attached a GM adapter for RCA inputs. That way I used the Aux function to play my DVD audio, or Ipod.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

thats kinda where my cb is now kinda lol i dont know how to explan it but i have the general lee cb radio :rock: its big...its not like one of the small cobras probly twice the size of the cobra but now the mount bar goes across the ashtray below the ac controls and the cb just sticks out to far didnt know if there was a way to get rid of the whole tape player console after the cup holder so i could just mount it to the floor
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

HenryJ wrote:Some have mounted their CB in place of the cassette players. I mounted mine where the ashtray was and replaced the lower console with one that has the storage tray instead of the cassette player.
Under that I attached a GM adapter for RCA inputs. That way I used the Aux function to play my DVD audio, or Ipod.
What is this GM adapter that you used for RCA inputs in place of the tape deck? Part number would be appreciated. Thanks HenryJ.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LoneWolf04 wrote:What is this GM adapter that you used for RCA inputs in place of the tape deck? Part number would be appreciated.
GM9 AUX ADAPTER - PLUGS INTO 9 PIN DATA PORT OF GM RADIOS WITH CHANGER CONTROL (AUX AUDIO) : #4296

Radio Mod (aux inputs)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK