radio stuck?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

chevynuts
Regular
Regular

radio stuck?

Post by chevynuts »

I have the dash apart on my 03 and have taken out the 3 screws from the sides of the radio. It comes out about an inch and a half and stops . Am I not pulling hard enough or what else is there holding it?
S10Wheels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: radio stuck?

Post by S10Wheels »

chevynuts wrote:I have the dash apart on my 03 and have taken out the 3 screws from the sides of the radio. It comes out about an inch and a half and stops . Am I not pulling hard enough or what else is there holding it?
After the bolts are out, the radio should about fall out. The only things that can be holding it are: the rear mount (although if it came out an inch, the rear mount should be clear.)
More like it's the plug on the harness, that's plugged into the back of the radio, or the antenna wire. Look with a light to see what's holding it, don't pull to hard, everything is Plastic back there, except a couple of dash braces.
'03 S-10 ext. cab 4.3, truck top, CAI intake, reprogrammed PCM, Throttle blade mod., e-fans, 180* thermo., Flowmaster 50, Clear corner & tailgate lighls, LED's all around, Camaro RS/Z28 wheels, Sony HU, Sony Spkrs. in doors, small amp. & Sub., converted to power windows, bucket seats & floor console, big 3 mod, AD 244 alt.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

i agree its most likely your harness is short for some reason, prolly caught on something. mine just fell right out after the screws were off.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

My radio in my 02' was stuck also. I gave it a good yank and some plastic bracket on the back busted. Its okay, because the aftermarket radio didnt need this part for installation.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ApproachMedium wrote:My radio in my 02' was stuck also. I gave it a good yank and some plastic bracket on the back busted..........
Well, at least, you didn't resort to a BFH :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

If my boy strength wasnt getting it out, i was resorting to the BFC.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ