waterproof relays

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

waterproof relays

Post by paintballrocker »

what would be some good sites to get a waterproof relay from? i need it cause i have the quad beam mod and the cheap relays from autozone keep crapin out cause of moister.
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: waterproof relays

Post by HenryJ »

Your local parts store should have some. They are OEM on the late ninties fullsize. Best bet is a run to the local salvageyard where you can pick up a handful with the wiring and connectors for about $5

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: waterproof relays

Post by F9K9 »

Somewhere there is a thread of my installation of my roof lights and my source for the relays that I used. They are cheaper to go with Brule's suggestion. I just never had much luck at the salvage yards near me.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]