Brake controller mounting and 7-pin plug

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Brake controller mounting and 7-pin plug

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Ive been waiting to install my electric brake controller (Tekonsha - Prodigy 2) on the crew because I want to fit in somewhere and look sort of stock. Instead of drilling holes and mounting to the kick panel, anyone have any ideas on a sleek mounting position? I've got a center console that includes a tape deck. I was thinking about gutting the cigarette tray out but the controller is too large and there is a brace in the way too. Any input would be helpful. Did a google search and couldn't really find any pics or ideas. Thanks
Last edited by LoneWolf04 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Brake controller mounting and 7-pin plug

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I ended up mounting my brake controller on top of the tape deck for the center console. I used heavy duty velcro and it stays in place well, even when using the slide bar. I'm pretty happy where it's at. Maybe someone will do the same, so here's a pic of it.
Brake Controller.jpg
I also found a nice way to mount the 7-pin trailer plug to keep it up and out of the way. Where it's at it won't collect a lot of the road salt and garbage from the roads, hopefully prolonging the life of it. I took out the right license plate lamp and to my surprise, the hole was almost large enough to fit the plug. I had to shave the body down slightly and then used clear window calk that is not supposed to freeze and be like 7 year or something of that nature. It's in there firm and it looks stock. The license plate still lit up alright with just one bulb, but just in case I changed it out for the sylvania led and its clearly visible now.
7-pin.jpg