CP208LG-W3v3: Dual 8W3v3 MicroSub won't fit behind the seat?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

trogers1975

CP208LG-W3v3: Dual 8W3v3 MicroSub won't fit behind the seat?

Post by trogers1975 »

http://www.jlaudio.com/cp208lg-w3v3-car ... tems-93295 Will not fit behind the rear seat

35.5" wide x 11 inch high x 5.125" deep
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Think this will fit behind the seat?

Post by _STUCKY »

For $500, who cares if it fits?

Edit: from the reviews of it:
Sure, it put a little low end in my system that my car desperately needed but honestly, they are two eight inch subwoofers and that is what you're getting, the performance of two eight inch subs. If you're looking for tight, high output, heart pounding bass, look for a different set up.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A Bazooka tube fits and may be more affordable?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
trogers1975

Post by trogers1975 »

_STUCKY wrote:For $500, who cares if it fits?

Edit: from the reviews of it:
Sure, it put a little low end in my system that my car desperately needed but honestly, they are two eight inch subwoofers and that is what you're getting, the performance of two eight inch subs. If you're looking for tight, high output, heart pounding bass, look for a different set up.
Since I asked that means I care. I can get it for 350. I'm not looking for heart pounding bass, so that review doesn't really apply to me. I'm looking for something better then a bazooka tube or two, or the prefab 2 8" sealed box.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I can't measure, but it might be close. It gets pretty tight as the space moves upward. The vertical brace in the back of the seat may get in the way. I think someone, cut or removed that brace for an install? At least one added to the seat back latches so the back would sit slightly forward.
I am sure the jack and box will have to go.
Maybe mock up a cardboard box and try it? You could always cut and modify the enclosure for some clearance?

I am pretty sure there is a box that tapers to the top and does fit. Look around a little. I am not an audiophile, but I do seem to recall at least one sub box like that , that does fit.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

A quick search found this one, and I remember there were 1 or 2 other companies who made a crew cab specific box.

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2137

You could also check Crutchfield and see if any of there boxes might fit. All 3 of my vehicles have JL Audio subs in JLA ported boxes which I highly recommended. The 8" JLA sub/box combo I have in my 05 ZR2 would definitely fit the CC. Look for closeout deals on their website under the "specials" tab. I paid half price for all 3 sub/box combos there!

Steve
trogers1975

Post by trogers1975 »

Is the 8" JL sub/box combo the one I have listed above?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

trogers1975 wrote:Is the 8" JL sub/box combo the one I have listed above?
The one I have is just a single 8" sub in a light grey wedge style "truck" box. The sub and box are both made by JL Audio. I have a 400 watt Kenwood amp powering it and it sounds great! It sounds almost as good as the single 10" JLA sub in my Impala that is powered by a 600 watt Rockford Fosgate amp! JL Audio subs can handle a lot of power and sound better than a lot of the other stuff out there.

Once you start adding any electrical accessories, especially stereo systems that draw alot of power, you might want to consider upgrading to larger battery cables and a higher output alternator such as the AD244. I am running a 200 amp AD244 in my 05 ZR2 made by Tuff Stuff. It's a very nice direct plug in alternator with a black heat dispersing powdercoated finish and chrome pulley. I think I paid about $240 for it through Summit Racing.

Steve
trogers1975

Post by trogers1975 »

For anyone else that's curious. It does not fit. Thanks for everyone's input.