2003 Zr5 CC Head Unit

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Rwalker

2003 Zr5 CC Head Unit

Post by Rwalker »

I feel stupid asking but i just bought all new kicker components and coax. to go in my doors and am still working on the whole subwoofer idea without doing a "blow through" its a shame because i just won a contest off of sonixelectronix and have 2 12" SE Xv2 series 750RMS subs with nothing to put them in. Real clean 03 Zr5 w 55k I paid 11k for it. I'm not sure if it is a double din or not but i was on crutchfield.com and they said they had no head units that would fit my truck I have a double din 7" Jensen and from everything I've been told it will fit with the dash kit i have but I'm trying to ask the pros (You Guys) any reply would be graciously accepted thanks guys
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 2003 Zr5 CC Head Unit

Post by AVTekk »

I'm not sure what the question is? But the S10s received double din headunits in 2002.5 so if yours is a 2003, it has a double din. Any radio will fit it.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Anything will fit, you will need a Metra kit for a 2003 S10/Bravada to fit a single din radio in there.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-2011
this will fit A double Din aftermarket radio such as the Pioneer AVIC DVD units or DVD navigation units. They have another one that will let you put a single DIN unit in the double din space.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
stallzero

Post by stallzero »

i have a 04 zr5, i bought a double din head unit off of crutch field and it says that if you have the security that it will not fit, and if you do not have the security it will fit with modification. I have security and i fit my double din kenwood in with ease and 0 modification. it went in just like any other radio. only problem is trying to tuck all the wires out of the way.

however there are two small screws under the steering wheel that also hold the dash cover on so be careful to not forget those 2 screws when trying to remove the dash. ill try to get some pictures up so you can see, but the double din fits perfectly flesh with the rest of my dash and looks great. now i have bluetooth, movies, back up camera etc...

also im pretty sure i used the same dash kit that i used in my buddy's silverado, they are all pretty universal kits. so if crutch field does not pull up a kit for your truck you can get one for another gmc truck. ill try to pull up the kit that i used when i get home.
stallzero

Post by stallzero »

here are some pictures