DRL Disable on an "02"

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

rockinjranch
Regular
Regular

DRL Disable on an "02"

Post by rockinjranch »

Re: DRL, AHL, and quadbeams all working together!!!

Postby rockinjranch » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:18 am

In regards to the DRL disable,I have looked on my "02" for the relay under the brake pedal, under the carpet,etc etc. I have found no such relay anywhere in the general location . I did find a plug deep under the carpet taped to the main harness against the floorpan but it was only a 12 wire ground junction with a jumper pin cap :? . I have searched and searched but obviously am blind to the relay or its in another location :?: .My "02" has a build date of 4/02,maybe this relay was relocated to another area or even deleted . :surrender: any help is appreciated, thanks, Keith
CGRob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: DRL Disable on an "02"

Post by CGRob »

It is in the fuse/relay box on the drivers side of the engine compartment. It is in fact a relay, however I don't recall off the top of my head which one it is. A quick look in your owners manual will tell you which one it is. Pull the relay, un-snap and remove the cover off of the relay, and locate the contacts inside of the relay. I cut a 1/4" or so wide by about 1" long piece of old "for sale" sign sheet plastic and taped it between the contacts. Snap the cover back on the relay, install it back to its original position in the fuse block, and you're done. Takes about 5 minutes.

This is the only way I found to disable the DRL's and not have my headlights malfunction. My Sonoma crew is an '02, so this should work for you as well. The DRL's are totally disabled, and everything else functions as it should.

-Rob
rockinjranch
Regular
Regular

Re: DRL Disable on an "02"

Post by rockinjranch »

thanks Rob ,ill give that a try, I also just posted again to "DRL,AHL, Quads all working together " thread . Keith