2003 Speaker sizes

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2003 Speaker sizes

Post by Ezrollin »

The one owner 2003 I bought has the stock radio / cd / tape payer and it sounds terrible. I suspect it still has the stock 14 year old speaker and that they are the problem. I've gone to several vendors but none list the sizes for a crew cab. It has six speakers: dash, front doors, rear doors. Anyone know the stock sizes?
plantone
Crew
Crew

Re: 2003 Speaker sizes

Post by plantone »

In my LS the speaker config is as follows

Doors: 6.5" (all 4)
Dash: tweeters - but a shallow mount set of 4x6 will fit (with some vaseline and a shoehorn anyway hehe!)

If you remove the jack behind the passenger rear seat you can put a shallow mount 10" sub back there as well.

The Rockford fosgate box is almost a perfect drop in fit once you cut the jack mount brackets off. I had to tilt mine just a RCH because of the hump.

Hth
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 2003 Speaker sizes

Post by Ezrollin »

Thanks for the info, that's what the Pioneer site listed also. I'm not building a sound system in this one, just the factory head unit with a speaker upgrade. Went with Infinity R 6522ex 6.5 front and rear. I think I still have some 4x6 in the garage.