MAF

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

MAF

Post by Justin »

so for the umteenth time, she went in again for the same problem "service engine soon". The dealer scanned and P300 came up on the computer. They reset the code, drove it on the highway or something for 40 miles and roughly 1/4 tank of gas to see if it would go back on..it didnt so they said it was fine. NOW I know it will go on again so not only am I down 1/4 tank of gas and 40 more miles but the problem will still happen :x . I've had this problem since 9,430 miles on the truck ...Now I have 28,000 and the problem still isn't corrected :twisted: I'm getting furious and I'm about to call Detroit
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

oh this dealer told me it was a problem with the MAF instead of cylinder missfire #4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

DTC P0300 is a cylinder misfire.

Sounds like they are fishing if they are looking at the MAF sensor. Unless it threw a different code this time?

Have you changed your fuel filter? Dirty or contaminated fuel can cause a misfire. 10k is about where I change my fuel filter.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Sounds like they don't know their elbows from their a$$holes. :D

If you've had it in three times (documented) for the same problem, you can use the lemon law. Talk to the service manager, dealership owner/manager, and someone at Chevy and GM Corporate...especially talk to the owner. They're all about retaining customers which means they're usually more than willing to help you out. If not, then go somewhere else.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

where is the fuel filter located? and roughly how much is it?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Justin wrote:where is the fuel filter located? and roughly how much is it?

fuel filter is right under the driver seat inside the frame rail. easy to change. 15 bucks at auto zone.

turn the truck off, take off the fuel filler cap to release any pressure, lay magazines down to catch excess fuel. PUT THE CIGARETTE OUT! :lol: then just swap. there is bolt to undo.i havent done mine in a while, but i know its easy to figure out, good luck :wink: dont lay right under neath it or you might get gas in your eyes
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Ok, I think I can shed some light on this issue If I've read it right,... Your saying that the SES light is coming on/off,... thowing a P300 code. The code says "Miss fire on cylinders". The MAF could be the problem throwing the code.

When your running a K&N filter, the oil from it can get onto the sensors of the MAF and cause this to happen. I had the same issue not to far back and cleaned the sensors on the MAF. Since then, I havent had the SES light blink or any new codes turn up. A guy from another site told me to try it and it seemed to work. Maybe you could try that before messing with other stuff.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

did you take your K&N out?
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

I took the filter and Recleaned it, making sure this time I let it dry completely,.. before adding the oil,.... and then made sure I didnt over do it on the oil used.

good luck!
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

What happened?

Post by HenryJ »

OK justin, so did you solve the miss fire , SES light problem?

Forgive me if it was somewhere else, but this thread needs an answer to the problem you had.

Is it solved?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

nope...I cleaned the K&N..tomorrow i will put in a new fuel filter and i drive 200 miles this weekend so ill see if that fixes it...

She is approaching 31,000 and I just may put in a mass air flow sensor to see if that fixes it.....