Weird truck noises

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Weird truck noises

Post by WVHogRider »

Ok, so some of you know about the noises I've been hearing in my truck---A sound of the wheel bearing going out(rumble & very loud only in turns), and a bumping/rattle noise as I start the truck & go over small bumps/road cracks. :roll:

Yesterday, I was taking my deer hunting stands out of the woods, and decided to take the trailer hitch bar out. Guess What :!: The noise that I thought was the truck suspension,etc, seems to have been the hitch bar rattling over the small bumps. The noise on start up is even gone. :D However, we'll see... :?

Then I went to my parent's to change my wheel bearing last night.

So, My parents picked my daughter up this afternoon from school, which is where I do the majority of the truck work at anyways. :twisted: The rumble noise was still there today. It was time to rotate the tires anyway, so in doing so, I noticed the passenger side front wheel weights missing, which is the wheel bearing I replaced last night.

After the tire rotation, the noise was gone from the front. Soooooooo much quieter in the front :D , but now the back is a little loud. Now to get the the wheels checked for being balanced.

:!: I had planned on rotating the tires before doing the wheel bearing first, but I thought it was worse than it actually was. Should have just rotated the tires. :!: :twisted:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]