SES Again

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SES Again

Post by Justin »

Well after cleaning the K&N, I thought it solved the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't and SES came up again. I took it out and put the factory air cleaner in. I figured its not worth it. If this doesn't solve the problem, I think I will stand at the service center and have them call detroit to see if something like this came up before.

As others know, I have had 2 dealers tell me it was 2 different problems. One said it was a missfire #4 (needed replacing of wires, spark plug) other said it was mass air flow.
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Psssst.....Your's was the problem I thought of when I found this :arrow: New design 96-up SFI injectors!

Follow the link and read some of the problems, they sound very similar.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Another issue is the MAF sensor could be dirty. I had the same issue with a blinking SES light under full throttle... pulling up hills. The light would go out as soon as I left off the gas, or upshifted to a higher gear.

The cause is the oils from the K&N filter might have gotten on the sensor. Thus using to much oil after the filter has been cleaned. I heard this from another guy at mys10.com, ... I tried it,... and never saw the light again. But then I traded it soon after. If you've removed the screen from the MAF sensor, then I'd try and clean it first and see what happens from there.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I got K&N, no problems. I didn't put any oil on it either though.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

I have a full K&N intake and I dont have a problem. But when ever I give it alot of gas I make a quick sucking sound. Like its trying to get as much air as possible, kinda cool.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

after installing stock air filter, cleaning out MAF screen, the SES went on once again...

This is the second to last time this will happen!!! It has been occurring since 9k and now it has 30k and is still doing it.. :x

I will listen to their senseless bs one last time and if they fix it then good but if not and it goes off again, i will suggest new fuel injectors, new spark plugs, wires, distributor, air intake, MAF and suggest whatever Brule mentioned....After all...They probbably dont want to upset a customer
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]