truck no-start

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I had replaced my oem cap and rotor with the wells units about 10k ago. Three days ago truck no-start. Checked everything over and put original used oem rotor back in. Truck started and ran fine. Went out today after not having driven since rotor incident. Again truck no-start. Cranks fine acts and sounds like wet dist or crossed wires. Checked everything again all okay. Re-installed old used oem dist cap. Truck fired right up and ran fine again. No moisture or burn marks or cracks or shorts found in the rotor or the cap even when checked with an ohm meter. Will advise if it starts tomorrow or not. Should be the telling event. Additionally checked dist shaft end play and backlash to make sure drive gear okay. Both within acceptable limits.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

No-start followup: Truck has started right up ever since re-installing used oem cap. Close examination of replacement cap just removed reveals no defects whatsoever. All I can figure is there is an internal electrical short to one of the outer cap terminals. Maybe one of Reed's "ducks" migrated through and stopped for a visit. lol
FYI: These were the Wells units.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Original Cap, Rotor, Wires and Plugs. 128000 miles, tap the starter, it fires and purrs to 23+ mpg every week at 1000 miles per week. All I can say is THANK YOU GM !! 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Original Cap, Rotor, Wires and Plugs. 128000 miles, tap the starter, it fires and purrs to 23+ mpg every week at 1000 miles per week. All I can say is THANK YOU GM !! 8)
I am offering a RC Cola and a Moon pie as bounty on this dude! I have had all that I can take from him!

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Mine was running fine too prior to installing the new wells cap and rotor. I did it as part of a general tune up including plugs and wires and fuel filter. Guess that's what I get for being too nice to the truck.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

f9k9 wrote:
Horsehammerr wrote:Original Cap, Rotor, Wires and Plugs. 128000 miles, tap the starter, it fires and purrs to 23+ mpg every week at 1000 miles per week. All I can say is THANK YOU GM !! 8)
I am offering a RC Cola and a Moon pie as bounty on this dude! I have had all that I can take from him!
Oh, so he gets an RC and a Moon Pie for going to the 128K mark.. :?: ..Where's mine because you know the replacement parts are still sitting over in the corner of the basement with 125K on the truck. :wink:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

WVHogRider wrote:............Oh, so he gets an RC and a Moon Pie for going to the 128K mark.. :?: ..Where's mine because you know the replacement parts are still sitting over in the corner of the basement with 125K on the truck. :wink:
I was offering a bounty to stop hearing about the 23 mpg that his truck gets. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]