Vacuum switch bad

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

MeanMr.Mustard
Regular
Regular

Vacuum switch bad

Post by MeanMr.Mustard »

Finally got the truck on a rack today to "lube the torsion sockets" but it was my lower bjs making all the noise. yay. :roll: also checked the transcase valve deal and yeah its sucking.. so i guess my question is until i get the new part should i leave it alone or unplug it? :?:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Hmmmmmmm, I am guessing that it would run as if you have a vacuum leak which is like chit.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MeanMr.Mustard
Regular
Regular

Post by MeanMr.Mustard »

hmm.. I was thinkin bout plugging it for th time being.. but didnt have time to start it up and play with it to see what would work. . parts orderd just playing the waiting game now..
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

You can disconnect the line where it connects to the vacuum source near the brake booster and plug both ends. Your 4wd will not work but everything else should be fine. By plugging both ends where you disconnect it, you will not have any contamination in the system.

Reach down behind the distributor and find the vacuum line that runs over the brake booster and ties to a "T" near the ABS control. disconnect from the T, plug the line and cap the port of the T where it was connected.

I could be wrong but by my understanding of how the system works, you shouldn't have any problems.

James
James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Plugging it may help. Just no cruise control (Jeep talkin' here) no 4wd or redirection of air flow in cabin. Default on heeps is defrost which isn't a bad place to default to.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MeanMr.Mustard
Regular
Regular

Post by MeanMr.Mustard »

thanks guys im hoping the switch shows up soon.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I would pull the connection at the switch. Plug the holes. Saves getting debris in them and stops the vacuum leak.
Do it now before I talk you into dismantling the whole truck to fix it. ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK