Brake booster

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

rick
Crew
Crew

Brake booster

Post by rick »

When I step on the brakes I hear a loud rush of air and the first couple of time I hit the brakes the pedal is very hard. I assuming the booster is bad. Has anyone changed one of these and how hard is it.

Any have any idea what it could be.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Do not recall a problem with out CCs before. Brule may have some insight from his fleet manager view later today. Not much help but, at least, you know it is on the way.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Definitely sounds like a bad booster! It is one of the easier components to replace, and since the late model S10's use flexible braided brake lines going from the master cylinder to the brake prop valve you should be able to swap it out without disturbing the brake system. 4 bolts hold the booster to the firewall, 2 bolts hold the master cylinder to the booster, and 1 pin secures the booster rod to the brake pedal. :wink:

Steve
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I had no info to give, but sounds like a easy part swap!