SES code 300

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SES code 300

Post by Justin »

dealer called and said the problem was a misfire #4 throwing code 300, not 400. Service technition said engine skipped to throw the code

they will be replacing the fuel filter and adding fuel treatment to hopefully clean the injectors. If the problem persists, they will replace the fuel injectors themselves

The truck is coming up on 34,000 miles and warranty is expiring. This dealer said that if the code is thrown again it would be covered ( i think only till 100,000 miles)

Not bad ...hopefully this solves the problem
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Good for you, looks like the dealer is willing to work with you.

Hope it works out.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

finally happy!

dealer replaced the fuel injectors, changed the fuel filter and added some fuel treatment free of charge...quite shocked....I think it was because this problem has been occuring for quite some time and it hasn't been fixed. So far i have put 200 miles on it and no ses code..I drive 180 miles tomorrow through mountains so I will keep people posted as to whether it goes on again... It normaly went on at Lee, massachusetts (highest elevation in mass.) during my trip from Rhode island to my school around Albany NY

wish my truck luck :roll:
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

well my luck wasn't any good. It went on again...What should I do? Lemon law? Ask for a new motor? I am a little upset
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

the truck has been at the dealer for a week now for the code 300...they replaced the wires, distributor cap, fuel injectors, and called technical assistance to bring up a case number to order crank sensor shims which increase some gap to help misfiring on #1 and 4.. they placed 2 in there and it still misfired...the dealer now has a field manager on the case...he/she reported to (1) place 2 more shims in, if it still misfires, (2) take oil pan off and look inside motor (a) anything major= replace motor (b) anything minor = fix (c) nothing to see wrong = replace motor

I will know tomorrow what happens...I get a loaner tomorrow because the company truck i have goes in for new tires, oil change, etc. I hope I get a new motor with another 36k warranty 8)
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

dealer did step one and unsucessful...they re going to replace the crank sensor now before taking the oil pan off...I do have a loaner truck..2004 silverado z71..its nice but the 4.8L is weak

I'll keep updates and whether or not i get a new motor
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Justin wrote:dealer did step one and unsucessful...they re going to replace the crank sensor now before taking the oil pan off...I do have a loaner truck..2004 silverado z71..its nice but the 4.8L is weak

I'll keep updates and whether or not i get a new motor

Wow, Def. let us know. I really can't believe they are having such problems with the engine.

Good Luck,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]