stiff pedal

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

dettony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

stiff pedal

Post by dettony »

hey guys im new to this site so hello to all u fellow crew cabbers. I just bought my 2003 s10 crew cab zr5 its seems to run great but the gas pedal is stiff and seems like its not as peppy as it sould be.It is all stock but was thinking of doing some mods like cold air and a chip any suggestions?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The first thing that comes to my mind is when the carpet and floor mat wadded up under my pedal. It made it hard to push. Took a little before I figured it out, and then I felt a little silly.

Next thing might be to clean the carbon build up in the throttle body. Soaking a rag with cleaner and wiping it out good works. A dirty job, but somebody has to do it. This should probably be done at least annually.

I suppose you could have something binding, rubbing or corroded in the linkage or cable. You will just have to look it all over closely and see if none of the other suggestions fix your problem.

Let us know what you find.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dettony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dettony »

i dont have no floormat in the driver side at this time and as far as the thootle body the motor is very clean from the dealership but i will check it out anywayz thanks for the quick reply
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the forum Vanceburg.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dettony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dettony »

thanks this site is awesome i found that other site s10 forum but they dont have to much on crew cabs.this site has alot of good info
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Get used to it ! You ain't seen nothin' yet ! I have never, not been helped out with any question or search. :D 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: stiff pedal

Post by HenryJ »

dettony wrote:...seems like its not as peppy as it sould be.
Check out the throttle blade mod. That will help the "peppy" feel. It makes the throttle more responsive. Perhaps even a bit touchy when in low range.
Not nearly as slow and sluggish though.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dettony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dettony »

where is that throtle blade thing and how do you check it
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

dettony wrote:where is that throtle blade thing and how do you check it
Throttle Blade Diffuser Removal