Roaring noise from front end....intermittent

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Sniktaw

Roaring noise from front end....intermittent

Post by Sniktaw »

Had this problem start a few months ago. As Im driving at higher speeds or coming out of a hill, there is a loud roaring noise from the front end of the truck. The noise will get louder and you slow down, and with a clunk when i come to a stop. The noise also seems to get quieter if I speed up. Noone seems to know what the H*** this is, even the mechanics I have taken this to. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? PLEASE help! Thanks!
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Re: Roaring noise from front end....intermittent

Post by kxracer »

Sniktaw wrote:Had this problem start a few months ago. As Im driving at higher speeds or coming out of a hill, there is a loud roaring noise from the front end of the truck. The noise will get louder and you slow down, and with a clunk when i come to a stop. The noise also seems to get quieter if I speed up. Noone seems to know what the H*** this is, even the mechanics I have taken this to. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? PLEASE help! Thanks!
lol, having the same problem, look a few threads down (4x4 humming). It has to do with the 4x4 not disengaging. I know because the only times it has happend to me is after using 4x4. Try engaging and disengaging your 4x4 on a slick surface a few times as you are driving, and it should quit. I think the actuator cable may be getting hung up. Anyway, if you figure anything out, lmk. :D