Stock 2004 Axle length

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

ebasista

Stock 2004 Axle length

Post by ebasista »

Well I need to replace a bent axle on my 2004 S10 Crew Cab 4x4 , it has the 7.65 rear end and I cant seem to determine what length axle it has so I can get a replacement. Does anyone know the spec on it? Gmpartsdirect lists two axle legnths for it, and some sites don't even list an axle for it.

Thanks
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Stock 2004 Axle length

Post by Walt »

I don't know the length offhand but have you considered a Zr2 axle? It's slightly longer and pushes the rear wheels out more evenly with the rear renders.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
ebasista

Post by ebasista »

Hadn't thought about that. I would think that a wider axle shaft in the same tube wouldn't support the wheel as well. Also are they splined the same for the larger 8.5" carrier?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I believe that Walt is referring to replacing the entire axle assembly with one out of a ZR2.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]