Part Number for the Bilstein shocks

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

okaussie
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Part Number for the Bilstein shocks

Post by okaussie »

Does anyone happen to know the Bilstein part number for the shocks for the 2002 CrewCab.

What I saw was for all versions of the s10 EXCEPT the CC. Are they the same.

Reason why I ask:

Had a noise a while back below the passenger front floor, a banging sound that was rhythmic after hitting a bump. Found the Anti Swaybar link kits were bad. The Drivers side was broken and the passenger side had no bushings.

I replaced them and the bushings on the Anti Swaybar mounts on the frame with the MOOG Problem Solver kits. The problem went away.

About six months ago, it reappeared. Found the bushings on the passenger side were so compressed, there was slop in that side.

Moog replaced both kits.

Problem went away again. Then last week it showed up again.

I measured the distance from the end of the bolt and the top of the nut to make sure the nut was not loosening up and it is not. Checked the drivers side and it too had not loosened up.

Did the shock test and it rebounded twice before stopping.

Had the shocks replaced about two years ago.

Just wondered if the Bilstein shocks would fix this problem. Maybe the shocks previously installed is not strong enough for this truck..

TIA

Bill
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Part Number for the Bilstein shocks

Post by HenryJ »

82-04 (Exc. ZR2) (Not for
lowered apps)
HD F4-B46-1410-H0 F4-B46-1681-H0

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
okaussie
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Part Number for the Bilstein shocks

Post by okaussie »

Thanks for the information.

I will same up the bucks and replace the front ones to see if that does indeed fix that problem. Don't know where else to look if that doesn't fix it.

TIA

Bill