ABS problems anyone???

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

ABS problems anyone???

Post by quickbiker »

My ABS light is on for no reason at all. Wondering if anyone had any problems with theirs and how to fix it? Maybe was cause I was out one night sling'n mud rescuing a Ford Ranger. hahaha
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

and you didnt get pics!!!! how could you miss that. so ya, after i went offroading one time, my abs light came on and it stopped working altogether. i dont like it anyways. so i havent bothered fixing it.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Well I dont have ABS ne more :lol: but every time I was in deep mud the light would come on untill I washed it or sometimes it would turn off as I going home. I have only had my truck for about 2 weeks and I have already saved my friends jeep 2 times, another friends k5 that had his 35s a good 6 inches under water, 2 tacos, a wrangler, and a tracker. No I didnt get pics :( but from now on im keeping the camera with me. but I did get some nice flex pics.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The front wheel sensors are prone to interference when mud gets in there. washing the brakes and wheel sensors after a mudd'n trip usually cures it. If you are still having problems look for damage to the sensors or wiring.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

ok, thanks. I did find something on the internet that was talking about that same thing. Been driving the Camaro, maybe it is dry and working by now, LOL

What's strange is that it was working when I was mudding. The light came on a few days after! :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]