Wheel Bearing - My recent experience

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

pceh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wheel Bearing - My recent experience

Post by pceh »

My truck, for over the past year had made quite alot of noise from the front. I assumed it was the brakes, and waited for the pads to get down to 20% before changing rotors and pads. This past weekend I changed the pads and rotors (the rotors were heavily pitted). Some of the noise went away but now I could really hear the culprit - left front wheel bearing. You could really hear it when turning right. I took it to the dealer to have it changed - noise gone away. Rides as quiet as a church mouse. I bought the right wheel bearing to do the change myself, but need to borrow a few tools to finish the job.

While I was changing the brakes, I noticed that my bump stops are practically disintegrated. I have searched through the forum on the the topic and could not find what is recommended for a stock setup. I went to order from the dealership, but the want $35/bump stop. Anyone out there have a good replacement recommmendation that won't cost $150 to replace? THanks.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Wheel Bearing - My recent experience

Post by HenryJ »

Get the full size stops. I think they will work well on the stock set-up and offer a little more firmness up front.
If that is not what you want. A set of the energy suspension stops will do the trick.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK