No heat searced posts

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

No heat searced posts

Post by bradjh »

Well this evening the heat in the crew quit it blows out cool air and its 30 degrees i believe it worked this morning i know it worked forsure yesterday... truck temp is normal top rad hose is too hot to touch lower hose is cool, I noticed when i first start up truck sometimes the front window fogs up like the defroster fogs it up. I dont think i noticed a coolant smell. I am quessing heater core i have had it flushed before and new rad installed to ,running green stuff now anything i should check out before I take it to get core flushed or refilled. or replaced?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: No heat searced posts

Post by HenryJ »

Is the passenger floor wet?
Is the coolant full?

I think you're on the right track. A new heater core may be in your future.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

bradjh wrote:... truck temp is normal top rad hose is too hot to touch lower hose is cool...
What about the feel of the hoses leading to/from the core itself? If both cool, wouldn't this indicate the core needs flushing/replacing?
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LUVMY02CREW wrote:What about the feel of the hoses leading to/from the core itself? If both cool, wouldn't this indicate the core needs flushing/replacing?
Might also indicate air in the system due to a leak.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I'd say a flush. That fixed my problem in my 97 s10. But had never been flushed and had dex. I'm sure your thermostat is looking good?

Getting to the heater core to replace isn't fun!