I'm getting a brand new motor for free!

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I'm getting a brand new motor for free!

Post by Justin »

GM finally ran out of ideas on how to fix the misfiring code 300 that has been happening with my truck..today the dealer called me and told me to hold on to the loaner for another week because they will be replacing the motor under warranty. the truck has 34k and a new 36k warranty will be issued..sounds nice to be in a truck at roughly 70k and still have a warranty :D It's about time!!!!!
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:shock:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

:shock: :shock:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

damn makes me wish had that problem....

but i have a 100,000 mile warrenty
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote::shock: :shock:
:roflmao:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

stopped in to see how things were going and the mechanic took the motor out and is expecting the new one tomorrow..I should have it either thursday afternoon or friday. I am excited...like a kid at christmas time. It will be almost 3 weeks since its been at the dealer.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

for the past week the dealer has been telling me that it will be ready in 2 days...now it is scheduled to be finished on tuesday the 15th.. New crate motor is at the dealer and the old one is out of the truck..Only thing that sucks....I had just changed the oil and replaced the filter with mobil 1 ($50 oil change)

I have had the z-71 for 2 weeks now..maybe i should start finding some z-71 discussion forum :lol: :lol: just kidding
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

new motor is in..I get to pick it up tomorrow :D
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Justin wrote:new motor is in..I get to pick it up tomorrow :D

Let us know how it works.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

all done...drives the same. A little better on the highway. here is what the invoice says

C/S service engine soon light is on solid. checked for dtc's found P0300. Checked misfire data found multiple cylinder missfires. Removed distributor cap and found moisture in the cap and little corrosion on the rotor. replaced cap and rotor and #4 keeps misfireing. swapped the wire and plug and it did not change the location of the missfire. Called technical assistance and had me add shims to the crank sensor, check the exhaust for back pressure, check the fuel pressure. check the tdc at 0 relearn the crank veriation after each shim installed. replaced the cranks sensor. check the mass air flow sensor. replaced the #4 injector with the newer version injector system. Pull the front cover off and inspect the dol pins for being broken. If this is not broken then to replace the motor. Asper steve young, head of 4300 engine program. replaced the engine and all needed gaskets. changed the oil and the antifreeze as needed. Road tested to verify the repair.

so here is what i got

motor

gaskets

oil + filter

antifreeze

cap

rotor

crank sensor

new fuel injector

fuel filter

full tank of gas

and a rental for 2 weeks

I have to admit...even though it took almost 4 weeks and 20k miles to correct it, they still stand by their customers
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

oh and as the service manager said

you truck basically has 3 miles on it :D :D :D
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Justin wrote:oh and as the service manager said

you truck basically has 3 miles on it :D :D :D

Nothing wrong with that. Glad you got it back. I'm still wondering what the problem was. It's not like your engine was dead. Was your engine just a lemon that was out of spec? When did you start getting SES lights? I only have like 6k on mine so I don't want to find out after it's out of warranty I have the same problem.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

my guess is it was a lemon because if it was a designated problem that was occurring in others, they would have known what was wrong with it and corrected it. It first came on at 9000 miles. they finally replaced the motor at 34000
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Wowzers, I'm glad for ya!
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Glad to see things worked out for you. I'm sure many others have had the same error code you've had. Just not as bad. I believe stongly that its the dealers that service you, not GM. IF you had a bad dealer, it could have taken a whole other turn.. for the worse.

Hats off to you for your effort and making sure they do it right!

Good luck with the new motor!

Steven
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]