Center link?

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Center link?

Post by Lil-j »

Does anybody have a part number for the steering center link for an 02 crew? I can find rwd links but not 4wd.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Center link?

Post by HenryJ »

Is yours damaged? If you need to replace it, use one from a first gen that has the hole for the steering stabilizer.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

HenryJ wrote:Is yours damaged? If you need to replace it, use one from a first gen that has the hole for the steering stabilizer.
First Gen. part # 29-5512 at LMCTRUCK.com $ 269.95 new. Maybe find one in salvage yard, for sure worth the effort to look. LMC does not list a replacement for second Gen.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Holey crap! $270!? Junk yard it is.

The one in the truck was appearently messed up because I had a shop replace the pitman arm. The shop here at school said whoever put it in messed it up. The cotter pin was missing and the nut came off by hand. I'm in the diesel dept at my school, my truck is sitting in auto dept, there putting on both upper ball joints, a new pitman arm, both inner tie rod ends.
My truck was vibrating pretty bad at high speed.

On the bright side, I may have found a fuel tank for the truck! So at least something good came out of this.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

wish i would of seen this sooner. i just scrapped all my IFS stuff
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Ouch.....
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

Z85 SMOOTH RIDE - #26055302
ZM6 OFF-ROAD - #26038980
ZR2 - #26038989
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Thanks buddy. Fortunately the center link wasnt bad as first thought. I was able to use the current one.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

You can still add a steering stabilizer to the factory center link if you decide later that you want one. I had a Rancho stabilizer on my CC that did help with the bigger 31's on rough roads. One end bolts into the frame bracket and the other end gets clamped onto the center link by some small u-bolts.

Steve
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Hmmm, where do I find this? How much?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Lil-j wrote:Hmmm, where do I find this? How much?
I got mine many years ago from Summit Racing part # RS76295. Their price is $88, which is alot more than I paid 10 years ago. I think Superlift and Pro Comp also make one that fits?

Steve
huminajumina

Post by huminajumina »

I have a stock '03 crew cab centerlink in my basement... message me if it isn't too late!!