P0155 code.

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

P0155 code.

Post by Lil-j »

Got this code popping off regularly.

I did some digging here and have learned that it means I need a new rear (after cat sensor), correct?

I know not to use bosch parts, gonna get denso as my budget is not to great. Is this one good for the back sensor?
http://napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogIt ... 0309935486

Are there differant part numbers for each sensor?

There are 3 o2 sensors on our trucks, correct?
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: P0155 code.

Post by WileyHunter »

Not sure why you are saying not to use Bosch? That's what I'm running on my cc and all is fine, have two on my wife's car as well. Got them cheaper than the alternatives as well.

As far as how many on the cc, I think it is three on all models.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Non OEM replacement sensors and the likes often seem to create issues. It's been well documented. It happens, more often than not. I replaced my wife's Governor pressure sensor & Solenoid in her Grand Cherokee tranny with upgraded versions and continued to have the codes reappear. After having our local genuine non dealership Mr Wizard looked at the source of her repeated codes, he told me to replace the upgrades with oem if, the code reappeared. The codes reappeared shortly afterwards, I dropped the pan and replaced the upgrades with oem and it has been code free and limp mode free since.

I am in no way knocking Bosch. Some parts just play well with others a little better.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Thanks fellas. 3 is what I thought.

I only say that about bosch because I did search this problem before posting the question and found alot of "dont buy bosch anything for our trucks" mentioned in all the related threads I found.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There may be s different part number for the rear sensor due to the difference in wire length ?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

My truck runs "happy" with all 3 sensors Bosch. Not saying they can't fail but I have not experienced any more problems with them than oem or any other for that matter. My .02 worth. I have also gotten along fine with Borg Warner as well. 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Mine has 3 bosch sensors at the moment but I may not be a good person to judge by since I have a misfire that wont go away. I thought about swapping them all over to the other ones but I dont get any exhaust emissions codes so why throw more money at it?
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Ok, so can I assume that code p0155 (bank 2, sensor 1) is the one one the passenger side, before the cat? I just want to know specifically which sensor that is, it's not the one after the cat, or the one on the driver side.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Bank 2 is the side on which the #2 sparkplug resides. They are then labeled from the engine back numerically. You are correct.

Keep in mind that they tend to cascade. If one fails the rest may follow suit soon.

My truck is at the 100k mark and I replaced them all last weekend. Total cost $160 for all four in my Avalanche.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Ok, then as far as I know, there are a total of 3 o2 sensors, correct? I can see 2 of them from under the truck on the passenger side, one before the cat, one after. I figure if I change the one I can see under the truck, forward passenger side, this will/should fix the code popping back on. Or is there one under the hood? I get confused when you mention spark plug, makes me want to look under the hood.
Tired of problems with this truck..... :twisted:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

One in each head pipe just below the exhaust manifolds and the last behind the cat. 3 total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Ok, thats what I'll do, get the passenger side changed tomorrow.

I've read that before about the cascade affect, same goes for a few other things as well. I'll deal with them later if they go errr, when they go. My truck is just shy of the 100k mark so I've been spending more time in the garage with the truck than I have with the wife and kids lately.

Thanks Henry, I appreciate it as always.