Changing Motor Mounts and Now SES on all times.

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Changing Motor Mounts and Now SES on all times.

Post by Torskdoc »

I changed the motor mounts on the 2002 quad over the last two days. Both front's were shot (right side original and left was replacement from Advanced last year.) Also the tranny mount was about 90% split. HOLY CRAP!!!!

Did the AT Mount first, No problems. Went in with the help of a floor jack.

So I break out the engine crane, attached it to the lifting boss on the left side, and changed the left one(had that down pat, although it took 3 times longer with a bad disc in back). Drop the motor back down, pinned the motor mount with the bolt, and swapped sides for the crane. NO LIFTING BOSS!?!?!?! WTF???. So I ran the chain down to the exhaust outlet flange and wrapped it around the manifold at that point. Secured with a bolt and nut. Ran the chain Straight up to the crane and lifted until the drive train touched the hump. Changed out in 30 minutes.

The bottom bolts on these are a GRADE A GOLD PLATED BITCH!!! If your motor mounts have a hole drilled at the bottom mounting hole, take your dremel with a grinding disk and make that hole a slot. Also with the overseas CRAP QC, you'll need to remove a good amount of the rubber overflash around the hole or you wont be able to access the bolt with a socket.

Getting back to the PROBLEM! My SES light is ON ALL THE TIME NOW No amount of fuse pulling or BATTERY DISCONNECT will kill it. It DOES flicker when running in park (idling) and punching the throttle. Otherwise it's ON! My scanner now shows two lines of boxes when plugging it in. It works fine on my 95 Jimmy.
I'm afraid I crushed and or cut A or a Couple of wires in the wiring harness. Which way of accessing the harness behind the engine would be easier. Ripping the engine out or tearing the fenders and inner fenders off. Neither is palatable to me at the moment, but my Emission test is coming up in Sept and it has to be working. Any other options would be appreciated.

Thanks

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Changing Motor Mounts and Now SES on all times.

Post by Torskdoc »

With the SES light on there wasn't anymore intermittent misses or roughness in idle. Went to my son's house and baby sat the kids for an hour or so. (about 5 miles one way). When I left I noticed the SES Light was off and the intermittent miss/rough idle was back. So hopefully it was just rain water in the harness (it rained cats and dog's last night......and no I didn't step in a poodle!) It's back to runing the way it was before all this. Still need to replace the Fuel pump as it sounds like the check valve is either stuck open or being held open with a piece of dirt. :x

NOTE: THE HOOD WAS OFF THE WHOLE TIME UP TO AFTER I GOT HOME. IT'S BEEN RAINING INTERMITTENTLY SINCE TUESDAY
BUT i HAD A TARP OVER THE ENG. CMPT WHEN NOT WORKING ON IT.
So it's possible that a connection got some rain in it and caused the problem. I took it to Advance and had them check it with their scanner. Nothing wrong. I think I dodged a bullet.

My CP9145 Tester is KAPUT. So I need to get one of them too. :twisted:

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT