Truck loses power and shuts off, cranks but won't start.

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Countryasian
Regular
Regular

Truck loses power and shuts off, cranks but won't start.

Post by Countryasian »

Ok I've just replaced the fuel pump/filter yesterday and I was on my way to work when my truck lost power and cut off. I have fuel and all my lights were on. I went to try to start it again and it cranks but won't turnover. Can y'all help me out please?
2001 Chevy S10 Crew LS 4.3 2.5" keys & shackles, 31/10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's, K&N CAI

"Yeah I'm turnin' off of real life drivin' that truck, hittin' easy street in mud tires."
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Truck loses power and shuts off, cranks but won't start.

Post by Torskdoc »

Get under truck and put your hand lightly on the tank, not the shield. Have someone turn the key to ON only(DO NOT TRY TO CRANK) and feel for the vibration of the pump priming the system. You may even be able to hear it. If nothing you'll need to start checking wiring connections. Also check for spark at the plugs.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Truck loses power and shuts off, cranks but won't start.

Post by ApproachMedium »

Did you do the upgrade wire harness pigtail when you installed the new pump? Check your electrical connections. If someone else did the upgrade, its possibly a poor connection.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ