HELP BLAZER 2000 Blooked shifter.

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HELP BLAZER 2000 Blooked shifter.

Post by Serge PETIT »

As I am in France , my 2000 Blazer is with the floor shifter .
Shifter is blocked in park position because of the fuse (B/U lamp or BTSI ?) 25 amp in the engine compartment blowing as soon as I push the botton on the shifter to unlook it out of P position . At the beginning it was blowing too when going from drive or reverse back to park . Now it is always blowing .
I have change the neutral position switch on left side of transmition with a new one .
I have also change the switch for the brake pedal with a new one .
I have disconnected the connector on the shifter (to isolate the park lock solenoid and the fuse was always blowing ......
Back lights are good, brake lights too .
Any ideas about that short origin and how to repair ? (I can use my Blazer by manually unlooking the shifter on the shifter block but it's not a normal way to do) .
Thanks in advance for your help and answers .
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: HELP BLAZER 2000 Blooked shifter.

Post by LoneWolf04 »

By chance do you have an aftermarket starter or remote lock key fob? Usually when these devices are installed not much care is taken to ensure a quality job with the wiring and random electrical problems occur. This is where I would start if you have such a device in the vehicle.
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

The problem is solved and as promise here is the reporting .
We were focussing on the élements concerning the shifting fonctions (neutral position switch, brake switch and connexions ) . In fact there was a short but not on these parts . ...............
Under the fuse box in the engine compartment there is a big harness starting from the box .
On the engine above the driver side header, behind the air duct after the mass-airflow the is a iron plate for protection (heat ?) : the angles and borders of the plate are sharp and an angle has hurted the out of fuse box harness ( the LT Green wire )and create the short that was blowing the fuse B/U LP 25 A blocking the shifter !
The guy in the workshop has repaired and added a protection around the harness and it was solved !
But he indicate that the neutral position switch has got a "warm" at the level of the connexion and that it will be preventive to change it again even if there is no problem actually .
So have a look at these point on your Blazers and perhaps take the decision of a preventive action .
Once more thanks for your answer and help !
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

These vehicles are getting to the age where those types of rub spots can be a real problem to find. Glad you found your problem :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK