Remanufactured Brake Booster

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Remanufactured Brake Booster

Post by JaVeRo »

Mostly posting this just to rant, please bear with me.

18 months ago I had to replace the brake booster on my wife's blazer. I ordered an AC Delco remanufactured booster simply because I didn't want to do this again, use the best parts, last longer, right?

It went out again so I just got the cheapest one they had, A1 Cardone, at a local parts store. I have a strong dislike of anything A1 Cardone from some part many years ago, I think it was a water pump, don't remember. So I get this cheap rebuilt booster and gave them the one I took off 18 months ago. Since the AC Delco part came from the internet, there was no core so I still had the original and the box. They put my old part in the new box and kept it, I walked out with the new part and the instructions. It struck me as odd that the two boxes looked the same but the Delco box was still at the house.

When I got home, I found the AC Delco instructions in the box from 18 months ago and they were exactly the same. Even the same document number in the bottom right corner. A1 Cardone is rebuilding boosters for AC Delco. The only good thing is the Cardone is a limited lifetime warranty and the Delco was only 12 months. I wonder how many I can get at 18 month intervals before they reject the warranty.

Thanks for listening,
If anyone has a better source, I may be in the market in about 18 months.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Remanufactured Brake Booster

Post by LoneWolf04 »

It doesn't surprise me that AC and cardone have the same remanufacturing plant doing the work. The part world is not as big as what a lot of people think, especially reman.